Monday, August 1, 2011

All Academic

Today was all homework with a side of classes. From breakfast to tea time I worked and prepped for history class which today was a debate over Oliver Cromwell. The two sides were based on republic or monarchy. Basically, while Cromwell was Lord Protector of England from 1653-1658, was he a tyrant acting in a king's stead, or the leader of a group of counselors who began the first commonwealth in England. I was assigned the side of the debate that claims he was in fact in a monarchical position, not republic, so I read textbooks, e-books and the Oxford Dictionary of National Biographies to help win my case. The debate was fiery and fun and both sides presented well. Good times.

Apart from that, I have a midterm due for Shakespeare class tomorrow. My chosen topic is based on this quote, "A play read affects the mind like a play acted" to which I am saying, false. I plan to use my experiences at both Stratford-upon-Avon and the Globe to prove my point further. I had two completely reverse reactions to Merchant and All's Well so this should be a nice, argumentative and hopefully persuasive paper.

Lots of work and lots of class, but Scotland this weekend so I'm working towards a rewarding goal.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment