Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Punter and the Puntee

Hey all,

Today was a successful final Sunday in Cambridge. After breakfast I spent the morning working on my Shakespeare final essay. The prompt I chose is "consider Shakespeare's representation of the institution of marriage" and I am loving writing about this paper.I have a full working draft and a day and a half to edit it. Its neat to compare elements from three different plays and see the overlap. I've enjoyed this class very much and am kind of sad I only have two classes left. At least we get to discuss Midsummer which we saw last Thursday. Going out with a bang.

Later in the afternoon, Caiti, Sarah, Julia, Dad and I finally went punting! We've put it off for far too long and it was nice to succumb and be a tourist. The punting business in general is sketchy to say the least. After being assaulted on the streets for weeks it was odd to finally respond with "yes please, I'd love a tour" rather than "no" and rushing away. It was a nice warm day and although our guide mumbled and was a tad under enthused I still had fun with the girls, and Dad. Pictures to come soon:)

After punting Dad and I walking around town a bit, scoping fun things for him to do while I have class and finals work tomorrow. We went around some of the big colleges, the Fitzwilliam perhaps and a bus tour for sure. He'll have a nice day while I'm stuck writing and writing for the afternoon. Anyway, after punting I skipped out on Hall and Dad and I went to the Eagle for some fantastic fish and chips. Yes, I ordered fish in a restaurant and then ate it. Shock and awe. It was nice to sit in a pub in England with my Dad, eating fish and chips and sipping a shandy. Good night.

I am currently blogging from the library because I am between edits and heading back to Shakespeare momentarily. We have our usual table taken over for a nice night of homework. I'm actually going to miss this quite a lot. Somehow, Dimond library just isn't the same. But nonetheless, my last weekend at Caius was top notch all around and I have had good fun and am ready for finals. Stay tuned tomorrow to hear about my final High Table to which my Dad is attending. Until then,

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment