Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Silent Films and Old Books

I feel like overly redundant this week. Reading, writing, Shakespeare, history. Reading, writing, Shakespeare, history. Again, again, again. I guess that's finals week for you though. Today was more of the same, except I passed in my final essay of the term in Shakespeare class today. I loved writing on the topic (Shakespeare's representation of marriage) and am anxious for the results this Thursday.

In our last formal Shakespeare class, we discussed the production of Midsummer from the RSC last Thursday. Also, we watched the first video recorded Shakespeare (King John) which was an astounding 3 minutes long. We watched the silent film, black and white Midsummer from the 1890s and listened to a wide range of music from the Willow Song Desdemona sings in Othello to the rock musical Rockaby Hamlet from the 1970s.

After class and tea I went on a basically private through the Caius library. I was able to see, touch and photograph a Bible formally owned by William III better known as William of Orange. I geeked out for a bit seeing items owned by English Monarchy, which just blows my mind.

I'm back in the library again (surprise!)to finish up my reading for the history exam tomorrow. Mary QS is done and now its either Victoria or Oliver Cromwell, both of which need less since they are fresher in my mind. I'm having an inner dilemma- I went the finals to be done, but when they are done I leave. Oh the dichotomy!

Until then, read read read! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment