Tuesday, August 9, 2011

For My Dearest Sarah Bradshaw

To all of you reading this who are not Sarah Bradshaw, let me explain briefly. When I began my most recent poll my friend Sarah said she was going to wait until I posted all of the wife facts to vote. Seeing as it is the last day of my pool, I told Sarah it was do or die. To refresh her memory so she can make a completely informed and educated decision, here are the previously told wife facts.

Cheers.

Katharine of Aragon was married to Henry VIII for 24 years. From coronation in 1509 to 'anullment' in 1533

Anne Boleyn's motto was 'the moost happi'. Ironic, huh?

Jane Seymour's brother Thomas, an English nobleman during Henry VIII's reign, married Catherine Parr, Henry's last wife, after the king died.

Although she is the least appreciated of the wives, Anne of Cleves got the best deal. She was given Richmond House, servants, lots of jewels and outlived him by a good 10 years. Snaps for Anne.

Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard were 1st cousins on the Howard side. Sadly, they met the same fate: execution for adultery

In her life, Catherine Parr was married 4 times together, making her England's most married queen

No comments:

Post a Comment